Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cyber Circus

Today has not been a good day in my computer world.

Allow me to rephrase.

Today has been horrible in my computer world.

Nope. Still not capturing the right mood.

Today has been a disastrous computer day.

Yep. That pretty well sums it up.

Now, let me tell you why. I recently joined the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) which is an awesome group. They are timely. Their informatin is relevant beyond belief. And their grasp of EVERYTHING in the publishing world is spot on. The minute you join, you are invited to subscribe to their listserve -- which is amazing. Talk about the inside scoop. They answer questions and broach subjects in an open, honest, gracious way. Quite refreshing from some of their secular counterparts.

Anyway, once I subscribed, all was well. I began receiving a lot of e-mail but that was fine. I received lots of contacts. That was wonderful. And then ... poof ... all that lovely, helpful information went up in cyber smoke. Something happened to the "innerds" (as my aunt would have called it) of my computer and my happy world went away. I have spent the last -- oh -- three hours pouting, fretting and swiping sweat. I finally broke down and contacted the webmaster to see if they will take pity on me and resend all that information to me. Now, my contacts they can't help with. I have no idea how to get those back. And of course all the e-mails I'd saved are irreplaceable too. But, tomorrow's another day. And I truly believe everything happens for a reason. So, I'm going to stop my moping, go and find a brownie and a tall glass of milk and finish reading Susan May Warren's book Happily Ever After. It's bound to inspire!

No comments: