Monday, March 17, 2008

Shame on Me!

I am a procrastinator. If a support group existed for procrastinators, I could easily lead the group. I would probably put off attending, but once I got there, I could take the reigns. On March 2nd, I proudly began my blogging life. Then what did I do? I put off entering my next blog, hence the title of this post -- Shame On Me! Having recently visited one of my favorite blogs, I hung my head after reading how many things she's been juggling. Evidently she not only accomplished all of them, but she managed to post to her blogs every weekday ... EVERY week day ... and sometimes on the weekend. I am in serious need of some anti procrastinating cream. Forget Botox and Oil of Olay. Oh, wait. I know what I need! I need chocolate. Which reminds me ...



This weekend I attended a one day question and answer session with some mighty impressive authors. I wasn't one of them. I was just in the audience. But, the gals that took center stage were not only amazing, they were incredibly knowledgeable. Now, here's where the chocolate comes in. See, I'm telling you, chocolate really does play a huge part in my daily writing life. Of course, this has led me to make a decision about a diet plan, but that's another blog story.



When I arrived at the bookstore/coffeeshop called "Words and Afterwords" in Hardy, Arkansas, I was met by four members of my writers' group. I even met another lady named Dana (sweetest person) who wants to join our group. Sorry. I digress. After settling down with the MOST superb white chocolate mocha I've ever sipped, I opened up my notebook, settled in and drank up every drop of wisdom and encouragement those writers had to offer. I also polished off my mocha and wanted to go back for seconds but couldn't bring myself to leave the group.



The writers that were featured were: Susan May Warren, Rachel Hauck, Susan K. Downs, Christine Lynxwiler and Tracey Bateman. From the moment the first one began her intro until the last one thanked us for coming, I was spellbound and humbled by what these ladies had to offer about the writing industry. I learned more in that hour than during many all day writing sessions that charged huge registration fees. And this was free! AND, they are coming back. I can't wait. I have my eye on a brand new purple pen, a spiffy new notebook (my old one is almost full) and a new pad of sticky notes. I'm also trying to figure out how I can work another white chocolate mocha into my new diet. I'll get right on that ... tomorrow.

No comments: